Layered

Sweater: J.Crew Factory (sold out in red,
available in cream) Similar: here
Vest: Marley Lilly
Jeans: Old Navy
Boots: Hunter
Rings: Aldo

And now that January is almost here, bring on the warm, clothes!! How AWESOME is this monogrammed vest from Marley Lilly?!? Love that ‘J Crew Herringbone’ look, for a better price AND with a monogram!

I also love print mixing when layering – so with this outfit I matched up the herringbone with plaid, and stuck with a colour present in the plaid (cherry red) for my ‘sweater layer’.

Have you all recovered from the craziness of the holiday season yet!? Looking forward to New Years? I hope so! If you are still looking for New Years Outfit inspiration & ideas don’t forget to check out my posts with the lovely Bree from The Urban Umbrella; here and here

• Leeanne Footman December 30, 2014 / 3:10 am

Thanks Mary! I definitely will check it out!

1. rainydayprepster December 30, 2014 / 4:13 pm

Really cute outfit! Love the color choice for the top and vest 🙂 Of course I'm still super biased of your Hunters, they look amazing on you! I own 5 pairs myself (yes I know, totally obsessed lol) and think pink or yellow ones would be super cute on you!

• Leeanne Footman December 31, 2014 / 2:07 am

Thank you so much!! Haha I love that you own FIVE pairs of hunters! It must be a rainboot rainbow in your hallway in the spring! haha! Thank you so much; I definitely have been wanting the yellow ones – such a great way to add some brightness to a rainy day!

Thank you for reading!!

2. rainydayprepster December 31, 2014 / 2:13 am

Haha yes it is! I own black, white, red, pink and denim blue. I have green, grey, purple and yellow on my list of ones to get still. I just love how cute they look, being a prep i have a lot of bright colors in my wardrobe so they help coordinate on outfits and I live in Seattle, it demands Hunters here. But even in the sun, i usually wear shorts, a polo and a pair of hunters. Only on really hot days will you not find me in them. I love how yellow looks on people ive seen wear them so its definitely a home run if you get them. Love your blog by the way, you are freaking gorgeous!

• Leeanne Footman December 31, 2014 / 9:59 pm

Ooo so pretty! I love bright colours too- why not be bold and fun with your wardrobe!? I didn't know you were in Seattle! I've got the same rainy weather as you as im in Vancouver!

Thank you SO much! I am so, so glad you like it!

3. rainydayprepster January 2, 2015 / 9:42 pm

Woohoo northwest natives! Yeah i get a lot of compliments on my wardrobe, very unique and one of a kind! I think my favorite Hunter outfit would be my pink ones with white pants, pink polo and a white blazer. Are you much of a dress girl? I know of a bunch i think you would look really cute in if youd like to see?

• Leeanne Footman January 4, 2015 / 4:30 am

Aw that sounds like such a cute outfit!
      And aww thank you! I do love dresses!

4. rainydayprepster January 5, 2015 / 4:39 pm