High Five for Friday #3

Happy Friday! This week I am doing another High Five for Friday recap of 5 great things from my week. Here goes:

1) Mail Day! I have been so spoiled by the mail this week! I received such a lovely birthday gift from my friend Alicia who lives halfway across the world in Samoa. I was so touched by her beautiful card and gifts! I am completely in love with the gorgeous flowers for my hair!

I also received a package I have been waiting ages for; SUMMER SHOES! I am SO in love with my new wedges and glad I got them just in time for Vegas!

summer-shoes-wedges-sandals

Floral Wedges, here

Rhinestone Wedges, here

2) Booked a Music Video

So,
I haven’t talked much about it on LegalLee Blonde, but in addition to
being a lawyer and a fashion blogger I am a dancer. Of course at this
point/age in my life it is more for fun (after years of ballet and jazz
training) but I ended up going for an audition a while ago to be a
“featured dancer” in a music video, and I found out this week that I got
the gig! I am SO excited for it! The music video will be shooting
towards the end of the month (and I will tell you then who the artist
is!) Stay tuned on instagram for more about this!
Ps. I didn’t have a photo to represent this, so here is an old and super creepy dance photo of me playing Scar in a ballet version of The Lion King.

3) New Book
I started such a great new book this week. As a criminal lawyer my area of passion has always been youth criminal justice. I really enjoy working with kids and youth. I recently picked up Burning Down the House: The End of Juvenile Prison by Nell Bernstein. It is an extremely interesting look into Juvenile Justice in the United States (where 3x more kids than ANY other developed country are incarcerated – some as young as 10 years old). I am learning a lot so far, and really enjoy it.

4) Mani/Pedis with a Friend

Wednesday
night my friend Natalia and I went for mani-pedi’s in preparation for
our Vegas trip. It was great to relax and catch up. We also went for
delicious sushi afterwards (cream cheese, smoked salmon and cucumber
rolls are my downfall). It was a great night!

nail-polish-summer-flowers

5) New Recipes

I have been really trying to cook more and more meals at home, and to eat healthier. As such, I have been trying out a lot of great new recipes lately. I made two meals this week that I just LOVED and have to share them with you guys. You can follow me on Pinterest where I have a board of Healthy Eats! The first recipe I loved this week was Mexican Spaghetti Squash (recipe here)

healthy-delicious-spaghetti-squash

The second meal was a “Coconut Smoothie Bowl”. I don’t have a recipe for this one, I just made it up but what I did was: Blend in a blender: 1 frozen banana, 1 cup coconut milk, 1.5 cups spinach, 1 tablespoon vanilla & 1 tablespoon coconut extracted. Pour the smoothie into a bowl and top with: shredded coconut, hemp hearts, chia seeds, dried cranberries, and banana chips. It was SO. FREAKING. GOOD. … I am actually starting to want one just by writing this haha. Definitely try this out if you are looking for a healthy, filling and easy breakfast!

coconut-smoothie-bowl-recipe

Phew. That was a lot to say/read! Thanks for staying with me guys. Hope you all had a great week as well. I AM OFF TO VEGAS TODAY AND IN CASE THE CAPITAL LETTERS DON’T TIP YOU OFF, I AM EXCITED. I’ll try to post photos on instagram while I’m there!

Linking up with:
Five Things Friday,

Oh Hey Friday
Friday Favourites

Bright on a Budget

1. Michelle May 15, 2015 / 11:10 am

Great pictures and those shoes! Amazing pose in the dance department. Wow.

• Leeanne Footman May 19, 2015 / 10:38 pm

Thanks Michelle! I am officially in love with both pairs of shoes – but the glitter ones gave me the worst blisters this weekend! Hopefully I just need to break them in a bit!

And thank you so much!

2. Brittany Deskins May 15, 2015 / 12:58 pm

Those cards are so sweet! It's nice and thoughtful to receive mail still in this age of technology. Visiting from the linkup!

• Leeanne Footman May 19, 2015 / 10:39 pm

I totally agree! Real mail totally warms my heart.

Thank you so much for stopping by!

3. stephanie a. orefice May 15, 2015 / 3:15 pm

getting mail is THE VERY BEST!!! && i loooove your wedges. they're so cute! <3

• Leeanne Footman May 19, 2015 / 10:40 pm

I totally agree! And thank you!!! The floral ones are my new favourites – wore them all weekend in Vegas and they were so comfortable! The glitter/nude ones… not so much haha. Still love em, but definitely not comfortable.

Thank you so much for stopping by!

4. Amanda Brezovsky May 15, 2015 / 4:37 pm

That's so sweet of your friend to send you some goodies and also yay for your upcoming Vegas trip! Perfect new summer shoes. Congrats on the music video too! Just wow!!! The food looks so yummy too. Definitely making me hungry. Have a great weekend!

• Leeanne Footman May 19, 2015 / 10:40 pm

I know, I was so touched!!
      Thank you so, so much! Hope your week and weekend were great too!

• Leeanne Footman May 19, 2015 / 10:41 pm

Thank you so much!!! Hope you had a great week!

5. Brittany S May 15, 2015 / 8:14 pm

Loved reading this post and feel like I got to know you so much! I took dance for 13 years, so it has always been a huge part of my life!! I love that! Also, it sounds like we love the same sushi- Philly roll all the way, baby!!! Happy Friday!!

Brittany,

• Leeanne Footman May 19, 2015 / 10:43 pm

Aw I am SO glad! Thank you so much Brittany! It's weird putting stuff about your real life in a fashion blog, but I am getting less shy about it, slowly!
      Ahh that's awesome that you took dance too! Once a dancer, always a dancer (seriously, don't you just feel that it's something that is in your blood?!)
      TOTALLY! Philly roll's are so, so good. …and now I want sushi again hahaha.

• Leeanne Footman May 19, 2015 / 10:43 pm

Thanks Jacqueline! After Vegas I can officially say- the floral ones are SO FREAKING COMFORTABLE. The others…. not so much haha. They are really pretty still though!

6. Taramixandmatch May 18, 2015 / 10:05 am

You are going to be in a music video?? Now that is awesome!

• Leeanne Footman May 19, 2015 / 10:44 pm

Haha yep!! It's nothing big, just gonna do some background dancing, but it should be really fun!!

7. Katie C May 20, 2015 / 7:44 pm

OOO Mexican spaghetti squash? Perfect! I cooked up some squash a few nights ago, and have been slowly using it up. This would be perfect to finish it. And love those floral wedges. How perfect for Vegas!

Katie @ Cup of Tea

8. Della Preston May 22, 2015 / 5:29 am

Congrats on the music video! That is so exciting! I love those wedges and that gift from your friend was so sweet. Thanks for linking up to H54F!

• Leeanne Footman May 22, 2015 / 10:48 pm

Thanks so much Della!
      Hope you are having a great week!