This plaid blazer is a few years old, and every fall I find myself reaching for it again. Incorporating prints and patterns into your work wardrobe is a great way to update your look and embrace the trends of the season. Below are my tips for how to wear patterns to work. Before I get to that though; I have some announcements for you:
1) Today is the last day to enter the giveaway to win a pair of Kendra Scott earrings and $105 gift card to Sephora! If you haven’t entered yet, you can do so here.
2) Starting today every Monday I will be sharing a “Monday Must Read” on Facebook & Twitter. Be sure to follow along to catch some great articles aimed at all of you amazing women working hard to achieve your goals! The “Must Reads” will be articles I found interesting each week ranging from fashion, to business, to career advice.
Tips for Wearing Patterns at Work:
1. Stick with one color scheme
You’ll notice with this outfit the plaid is in wine shades with hints of black. The rest of my outfit is therefore black.
2. Stick with one pattern at a time
If you are wearing a patterned blazer, generally stick with a solid colored blouse. Print mixing is awesome; but rarely will it work for the office.
3. Pick a feature item
Your patterned item should be the focus of your outfit. Don’t let the rest of your outfit compete with it- that can look too “busy” for the corporate world. My personal favourite item for patterns, are blazers.
4. Experiment with pattern size
Depending on the pattern, you may find that a smaller print or a larger print looks more professional. Once you’ve picked a pattern
you want (say, polka dot); find a large print and a small print and try them on with the rest of your outfit – you’ll often find one feels more
Have a great Monday everyone. I’ll be busy with back to back meetings today, but that will make a nice change from being in court all day!
Linking up with: shoe & tell // Let it Shine // #howifall // creative mondays // hello monday // a lovely little a la mode // sophisticated style // mix it mondays // beauty by miss l // on trend tuesdays // garay treasures // style sessions // style swap // tuesday fashion party // trend spin linkup // the mummy chronicles // How I style It (Plaid) // throwback thursday // #wiwt // what i wore to work // casual friday