The moment I lay eyes on this blush pink women’s suit, I knew I needed to have it. I couldn’t resist the blush shade and the vintage cut (inspired by the ’80’s) was just the icing on the cake. The fashion week runways in New York, Paris and Milan were full of ’80’s style work wear for women. (If you missed my New York Fashion Week review last September, check it out for more on the looks that were shown!) Needless to say, 80’s inspired work wear for women is back in a big way and I am loving it.
This blush pink women’s suit is my first foray into the ’80’s womens work wear trend and I am hooked. I love the cut of the skirt, the double breasted cut of the blazer, and even the slight padding in the shoulders. This blush pink women’s suit makes me feel like I am a woman on a mission taking on a male-dominated work place and kicking ass (which women basically were in the ’80’s, so the feeling seems warranted).
I wanted to add a bit more fun to this blog post outfit than just a classic button down or camisole (though I have worn this suit styled both of those ways for a day in the office). I decided to go with this old floral top with black ribbon bow. I love that the blush pink women’s suit really pulls out the pink in the flowers on the shirt, making the whole outfit pop! I am a sucker for floral print and a sucker for bow tied blouses, so this shirt is really just the ultimate piece in my mind!
One thing I do have to say about this blush pink women’s suit though is that it is very thin fabric. Which is actually great for not over-heating wearing it in the summer, but as you can see it wrinkles very easily. I would certainly not call this a ‘work horse’ type of suit; it is far from the best quality (go here for your everyday/high quality suits) but for a fun where every once in a while outfit; I love it. Especially worth it for under $100!
I also like that this suit, while business/professional can be worn it for a night out. I wore it with a black bralette for an after work event a few weeks back, and received so many compliments on it! The 80’s vibe is great for day or night.
Alright – on to the second part of today’s post! A few weeks ago, I shared with you my “travel bucket list”. Most people have one (or at least I think they do, right?!) But as a self-proclaimed list-addict, I have lists for everything. I am not even exaggerating – I even have a list of lists I want to make lol! I am also that person that if I do something that is not on my daily to-do list, I will go back and add it on, just so I can cross it off as done. *embarassing* lol
Anyway, one of the lists I have that I thought would be fun to share with you is my “fashion bucket list”. This is a list of all the fashion items I want to own one day, and the fashion related things I’d like to do. So here goes:
My Fashion Bucket List:
1. Own Louboutin Heels: I have wanted Louboutin’s since I was a teenager, and promised myself after I completed my first big trial (which I did last year!) that I would get some. I haven’t found the right time to go in and get some yet, but I definitely will! After much research into the different pumps, I have decided on the pigalles. I still can’t decide between nude and black patent – which would you get!?
2. Attend New York Fashion Week: Clearly, I checked this one of my bucket list last fall!! Attending was a dream come true, and I can’t wait to go again this year.
3. Visit 31 Rue Cambon: Every fashion lover should attend here! This is the address where Coco Chanel lived and subsequently opened the first Chanel store. There is still a Chanel there today and it is the only Chanel in the world where you can get the white Chanel gift wrap packaging (not black).
4. Own a Prada Saffiano Handbag: I blame Olivia Pope from the show Scandal for this particular obsession haha. Did you guys watch Scandal? Basically Olivia was the ultimate boss and her collection of prada saffiano’s (I swear she had every color) were a key part of her powerhouse persona.
5. Attend Paris Fashion Week: This is just so iconic. I mean, PARIS during FASHION WEEK?! *swoon*
6. Buy Something From Dior: I’ll actually do a full blog post on this later since I have so much to say about why I love Dior as a brand, but in short, they are probably the designer brand I love the most and I want to own a dior bag or shoes at some point in life!
7. Design My Own Item: One of my bucket list dreams is to work with a company to design a handbag or jewellery collection that they will sell to the general public.
8. Be Featured in a Fashion Magazine: This is another one I have officially checked off my list! Last fall my photo was in the Inspired by InStyle section of InStyle magazine (October 2017). The craziest part was they didn’t tell me I was in it; and I actually found out when a couple of my followers on instagram messaged me showing me! It was surreal!
9. Have that “Carrie Bradshaw Style” Huge Walk-In Closet: Need I say more?! (Ps. I share a ton of closet/home decor inspiration on my pinterest)
10. Collaborate with a Brand on a Women’s Suit: I would love to work with a company on a suit that is actually designed with real working women in mind (since we all know how hard that is to come by!)
What do you think of these items?! What is on your fashion bucket list?!
Shop My Blush Pink Women’s Suit: