Hi! I am Whitney and I am a fashion & lifestyle blogger at Whit Wanders. I love to share affordable fashion, travel guides, and the occasional workout. You can also find me on Instagram @Whit_Wanders. I am excited to guest post for Lee today while she is on her fabulous vacation.
I wanted to do a fun summer work look for you! So let’s talk Blazers! This is a core work staple that always gives a bit of added professionalism to any look. Blazer has always been my favorite workpiece to wear. I love their structure and versatility.
SHOP THE LOOK
This is a look I would wear to a client meeting or presentation. Its a simple silhouette with tapered trousers and a structured blazer. I added a white cami and white pumps to match with the white buttons on the blazer. The fit of a blazer is really important. I always like to go a bit larger in size so that if I added a bulkier piece underneath it won’t be too tight.
OUTFIT DETAILS: Zara Pink Blazer, Sloan Pants from the Banana Republic, ASOS white cami tank, Sam Edelman White Pumps, Jules Kae purse
A blazer is a great piece to mix and match with different pieces in your closet. One of my favorite places to shop for Blazers is Zara. I found this pink blazer at Zara. I originally wore it as a full pink suit set: here! But I wanted to try it as a separate piece. One of my favorite parts about a blazer is all the different of outfits you can create from that one staple wardrobe piece.
Here are 6 different ways to incorporate a blazer into your work wardrobe:
- Dress it Up – I love dressing up a blazer with high heels and structured pant
- Keep it Casual – add boyfriend jeans or denim with a classic white tee
- Suit it Up – suits are back in a big way and a full suited look always spells professional
- Add Layers – Blazer work year round, add a sweater or turtleneck when the weather gets
- Incorporate a dress or a skirt – Add a touch of femininity to a structured blazer with a dress or skit
- Keep it Colorful – I love the trend of bright bold colors for blazers. Its still keeping it professional while retaining your own personal style.
Do you wear blazers to work? What is your favorite way to add a blazer to your workwear? Tell me below!