These are some of my favorite outfit photos I’ve ever done! I love these metallic culottes beyond all reason. They are such a great way to update your wardrobe and feel brighter and bolder. Right now, these metallic culottes are on massive sale: making them under $50!
These photos are the final outfit photos I shot while in New York last month. I love the metallic & floral combo. The metallic culottes are a more tomboy / masculine piece and pairing them with florals is such a fun contrast, and easy way to make a stand-out outfit! My floral top is a few seasons old, but any floral blouse would work to re-create this sort of look.
On instagram this week I shared a photo as a “get to know me post” because I’ve gained some new followers recently. I was pretty surprised by the response, as a lot of people said that they liked getting to know more about me and wanted to know more. So today, I thought I would take this opportunity to share 10 things you didn’t know about me.
10 Things You Don’t Know About Me
1. I have a tendency to name unusual things. I grew a freckle on my wrist a few years ago & named him Steve. (I named a corn plant Steve last year as well, so I think Steve is just a bit of a go-to male name for me 🤷♀️)
2. I can’t stand the taste of water. People swear it doesn’t have a taste, but it does to me. I hate it! I have to force myself to drink at least a few glasses a day.
3. My two favorite types of food are Mexican & Thai. I could live off chips & salsa or veggie stir fry.
4. I still have my childhood stuffed animal. It’s a tabby cat I was given by my great grandmother (I think?), shortly after I was born. I slept with her for years, and now she lives on my bookshelf.
5. My first job was an assistant dance teacher at my dance studio, but the first job I actually applied for was to work at Blockbuster Video. I can’t wait to explain to my future kids one day that the first job I applied to is something that doesn’t even exist anymore. 🤦♀️
6. I don’t consider myself the strongest academic, but I do really well with standardized testing. I got in the 99.9 percentile on the LSAT. My brain has always liked the order & structure of standardized testing I think!
7. My favorite book is East of Eden, my favorite band is Jimmy Eat World, and my favorite TV show is Veronica Mars (Parenthood is a close second!)
8. My two closest friends, Maddie & Sarah, mean everything to me. Having been through the ending of a decade long relationship and then years of dating since that, having always had Maddie & Sarah by my side has been invaluable. Maddie and I have been best friends since the 8th grade, and Sarah is my sorority little sister (Delta Gamma!) who I met in 3rd year university. Neither of them live here so I am an expert now at the long-distance friendship thing lol.
9. My first celebrity crush was Jonathan Taylor Thomas (followed by Joshua Jackson – who I still have posters of up in my childhood bedroom at my parents house!)
10. I grew up loving musical theatre. One of my earliest memories is belting out “Do you hear the people sing” from Les Miserables while in the car with my mom.
Shop My Outfit: