Good morning! I have been working on this post for weeks and am so excited to bring you my first ever 10 x 10! – ie. 10 clothing pieces used to create 10 different wear to work looks. I plan on doing this for each season starting, clearly, with spring work wear.
** If you want to see more of these outfits in terms of how they move/look at different angles, head to my instagram where I am sharing a video of each of the 10 looks! **
For my first ever wear to work 10 x 10, I picked 10 pieces that are versatile without being ‘too classic’. You know that I like to find creative ways to make work wear stylish while still being professional, so that is what I looked for in choosing 10 pieces to create these outfits. All 10 of my spring work wear looks – 2 full weeks of wear to work outfits – are created with the 10 pieces listed below, with the exception of 2 basics that aren’t included – a white bodysuit (which I’m wearing under outfits 3 & 7) & my black Gucci belt (which I’m wearing with outfits 4 & 7).
One last thing before I get to the 10 pieces & the 10 outfits – stay tuned to the end of this post for a $750 Nordstrom Giveaway! 🙌🙌
The 10 Items:
1. Liverpool Black Trousers: These slim leg trousers are the holy grail of classic black work pants. They are so soft and comfortable, they are high rise, but not too high rise, and the fit of the leg skims your body without being too tight. Coming in at under $100 US, you can’t beat these pants!
2. Lavender Cashmere Sweater: Perfect for spring, this soft lavender shade in a cozy sweater is a no-brainer. I have this cashmere crewneck in a couple of colors but this is one is the easy choice for spring.
3. Mixed Button Shirt: Instead of a classic white button down, I went with this statement piece. It’s equally as professional and work-appropriate but with more a fashion-forward look.
4. Coral Blazer: Another popular shade for spring is light coral. This soft coral blazer is from H&M, and I just got it in store, but for some reason it’s not online yet – so check your local store. It is online in other colors (Shop it here) and I have also found another light coral blazer (shop it here) in case you are interested.
5. Grey V-Neck Sheath Dress: This under $150 sheath dress is a great staple. I have it from last season in black as well and love it. It fits true to size, but if you are larger in the chest like I am, you may want to size up. There is also a very similar Banana Republic sheath dress that you may want to check out!
6. Black Pumps: Another must-have in my books, you’ve seen these black pumps on my blog 1400 times lol. They are comfortable and under $100.
7. White Pumps: These are the exact same pumps as above – but in white. I told you I loved these heels! The white definitely gets scuffed easier than the black, so I’ve been through a few pairs, but they are absolutely still worth it. Comfort & style at an affordable price is not easy to find in heels! (More on that in my guide to comfortable high heels if you’re interested!)
8. Printed Scarf: A must-have for spring, and an easy way to change up your wear-to-work looks is a floral printed scarf. I love the colors in this one – soft blushes & bright pinks.
9. Celine Handbag: When choosing 10 pieces for a capsule style wardrobe, you definitely want two quality bags. I went with this gorgeous Celine big bag which is from Mine & Yours designer consignment – my favorite designer consignment store. They still have this bag available in store if you are interested!!
10. J’Adior Handbag: I wanted a white bag for spring, and when I found this iconic J’Adior flap bag at Mine & Yours I knew it would be perfect. They don’t have any more of this bag in store, but I found two other designer consignment locations that have it – here & here.
The 10 Outfits:
Okay full disclosure: I realized after shooting the spring work wear video that I forgot to actually get a photo of this one look 🤦🏽♀️. This is a screenshot I took from the video, so my apologies for it’s size/quality! Anyway, on to the outfit! Starting with an easy wear to work look- black pants & heels with a lavender crewneck & black bag. To make the look feel more spring- ready I tied the silk floral scarf around the handbag.
In my first look with my grey sheath dress, I styled it with the cashmere sweater on top. It’s such an easy way to create more diversity in your work looks without adding more pieces to your closet.
Next up, my must-have black trousers with a my light coral blazer. I love the longer length on this and the more boyfriend style fit. I added in the white J’Adior bag for an added pop of spring.
The classic grey sheath dress on it’s own is such a chic work look. I added my Gucci belt to this as I find dresses pop better when you add a belt. To finish up this look I simply went with my black bumps and black Celine bag. Sometimes simple is best!
For a lighter look, style the floral silk scarf with the grey sheath dress. To pull out the whites in the scarf to keep the look light and spring-y, go for light accessories. I went with the off-white J’Adior handbag and my white heels.
You can’t go wrong with a button-down worn under a sheath dress. The ballon sleeves on this button-down add the perfect bit of extra drama for a bold spring work day look. You can tie the scarf at your neck like in ‘outfit 5’; but tie it underneath the collar of the blouse to create a different look.
This blouse, while cool under a sheath dress, definitely deserves to be the focus of an outfit. The mixed media buttons (every button is different) are so freaking cool! To allow this piece to take front-stage, I kept the rest of the look simple with the black pants, black pumps and black Celine handbag. I added my Gucci belt just to add one more pop.
In the winter I love blush & grey as a color combination, and come spring I make that combo light coral & grey. It just works so well for the warmer weather. As such, I had to style the light coral blazer with the grey sheath dress. To stay in the world of light colors I went with the white heels to finish up this outfit.
The coral blazer can also be worn with your darker more classic pieces – making it perfect for a 10 x 10. I’ve always liked sweaters and blazers worn together so while the weather is still a bit chilly this spring the lavender sweater pairs perfectly with the light coral blazer.
The final outfit!!! To make your 10 pieces create 10 looks, you do have to get creative and one easy way to do that is to swap a blazer for a button down. This white button down is light enough to move easily and looks great styled over a dress.
There you have it! I hope you enjoyed my first 10 x 10. Let me know your thoughts in the comments below, and any suggestions you may have!
Shop The Spring Work Wear 10 x 10 Pieces:
It’s officially Spring and time to treat yourself to some shopping!
I’ve teamed up with a group of bloggers to give you
a chance to win a $750 Nordstrom Gift Card!
To enter: complete the steps in the rafflecopter below. The more steps you complete,
the more entries you receive, and the better your chance at winning!
This giveaway runs until Tuesday, April 9th at 12am PST
Winner will be announced here. Good Luck!
*this giveaway is in no way sponsored by Nordstrom.