If you follow my instagram, you’ve likely heard me talk in my stories about my FASTer Way to Fat Loss review thus far. I am just starting my third week of the program.
There is no shortage of FASTer Way to Fat Loss reviews on the internet, but what I haven’t seen that I think will be really helpful to anyone considering this program, is a list of things to know before starting.
Before I get to the list; let me give you a quick summary of the program. And please note there is also some disclosure at the end of this post.
What is the FASTer Way To Fat Loss?
FASTer Way to Fat Loss (aka. FWTFL) is a nutrition & fitness program developed by personal trainer/nutritionist Amanda Tress. The program has been everywhere on instagram over the past year and I have seen blogger friends do it and get incredible results!
5 Things I Wish I Knew Before Starting FASTer Way to Fat Loss:
I wish I knew …
1. That You Have to Track Everything (Which is Really Annoying at First)
I didn’t realize that you would need to record everything you eat, in order to properly stay on the program. The nice thing is you use a free app called “My Fitness Pal” which is really user friendly and easy, but I was definitely not used to tracking my food, and finding time in my busy day to record what I’m eating was definitely an adjustment. This was not mentioned in a lot of the FASTer Way to Fat Loss reviews that I read.
I wish I knew …
2. That it Has 3 Different Key Components
FWTFL uses three different strategies. These are: 1) counting macros, 2) intermittent fasting, and 3) carb cycling. Let’s review each:
Counting Macros: If you are a diet newbie like myself, you may have zero idea what macros are. Essentially, this is your fats, carbs and protein. When you start with the FASTer Way to Fat Loss program you use My Fitness Pal to come up with your goal macros (by inputting info about yourself). These will be the amount of macros you eat on regular macro days. For example, on a regular macro day I am supposed to eat 74 g of protein, 185 g of carbohydrates, and 49 g of fat. I make sure I am getting these amounts by inputting what I eat into the My Fitness Pal app, which calculates it all for me.
Intermittent Fasting: IF is simply not eating during a certain window of time. In FWTFL you eat during an 8 hour window, and observe a 16 hour fast. Most people eat between 12pm-8pm (and then fast overnight / during breakfast time) but you can do whatever 16/8 hours work for you.
Carb Cycling: CC is a dietary approach in which you alternate your carb intake on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. In FWTFL you carb cycle throughout the week.
I wish I knew …
3. The Importance of Prep Week
I definitely came at prep week not really paying attention to everything my coach was sharing, or reading the material on the program. I learned however that prep week is invaluable in this program. Since it is honestly really easy to follow and doesn’t feel restrictive once you get it it is so important to actually ‘get it’. There is definitely a learning curve to figuring out what to eat to hit your macros, learning to track what you eat in the app, and getting used to intermittent fasting. If you really dive into prep week you will make your life so much easier!
I wish I knew …
4. The Importance of Having a Good Coach!
I lucked out because I joined without having any idea how important your coach actually is, and my coach Morgan is amazing!! Your coach creates a private facebook group for everybody in your round and how much or little they do with it is up to them.
Morgan has been amazing! She creates daily threads where we share our info so that she can give us feedback (examples of some she has given me, pictured below). She also shares daily helpful info; from meal ideas to motivation. She is so positive and is always there when we have urgent questions like; “Can I have a splash of almond milk in my coffee when fasting!?” (…and yes that was ‘urgent’, my coffee addiction runs deep y’all. … and the answer is yes by the way haha!)
I highly recommend Morgan if you’re wanting to try FASTer Way to fat Loss! She starts a new round on May 27th! (one week today!) You can sign up here.
I wish I knew …
5. A List of Prepared Foods That Fit The Program
Because I’m not home very often, the biggest challenge I’ve faced is having to eat on the go, while still tracking my macros and making sure I am getting enough fats and protein. I wish I knew before hand to research and find grab-and-go items to have on hand.
The #1 item I would recommend would probably be Good Fats bars. These are great at helping you hit your fat and protein macros, and they’re easy to throw in your purse!
You can check out my full list of favorite on-the-go foods for FWTFL on my Amazon page!
Do You Want to Try FASTer Way to Fat Loss?!
As mentioned above, my coach Morgan is starting a new round on May 27th. We’d love to have you join us! You can sign up here. If you’re considering it, but still have questions, feel free to ask me anything in the comments!
1) I am not a doctor or a nutritionist, this is just information I wish I knew. You should definitely talk to your doctor or nutritionist if you have any medical questions about starting a diet or fitness routine.
2) I do not promote or condone ‘diet culture’ in so far as advertisements or the media telling people they need to look a certain way. Beauty is so much more than how you look. Physical beauty also does not equal slimness. Bodies are beautiful at every size, and it is about you being happy with your size. Personally, I wanted to loose a few pounds for me, not for anyone else, and that is why I joined this program.
3) I’m not being paid to talk about the program, but I was given a complimentary spot in it in order to try it out & share my honest opinion on instagram. I’m doing this blog post simply because it is something I wanted to share. If you sign up to join the program using my link I do get a commission from FWTFL. This does not cost you anything, it is simply an affiliate commission.
Thanks for reading my faster way to fat loss review.