I hope you’re all having an amazing Labor Day weekend! It definitely feels like the official start of fall. I’m on Vancouver Island; we rented a cabin in Uculet for the long weekend which is great for some much needed relaxation before the chaos of fashion week. The cabin and wilderness are so beautiful; head to my instagram stories to check it out!
One other thing before I get to the point of today’s post – my monthly recap post – in my newsletter that went out yesterday I shared a TON of great Labor Day Weekend sales with my subscribers. If you missed it and want to make sure you don’t miss out in the future, subscribe to my newsletter! Also if you missed it, don’t worry there are a bunch of fall outfit ideas and sale round-up posts in the LiketoKnow.It app which you can go check out! 🙂
On to my monthly favorites!
1. Printed Maxi Dress: This dress is easily my favorite purchase from July – it looks designer and I am obsessed! You can see how i’ve styled it here.
2. Weekender Bag (Vegan Leather):
This bag came in so handy on summer weekend travels, and is just the perfect overnight/weekend bag. I love the separate compartment for shoes / dirty laundry. It comes in a bunch of colors too!
3. Topshop Bags:
In August I definitely fell in love with the handbag selection at topshop. I stopped shopping there for a while but am back at it in a big way lol. The bags are all reasonably priced, good quality and so trend
4. Charlotte Tilbury “pillowtalk” eyeshadow palette:
I used this palette almost every day this past month. I love the slightly-amped-up neutrals. I loved it so much I even did a makeup video on it!
1. Chase Darkness with Me by Billy Jensen: I’ve talked about this book ad nauseam on my instagram. It is a must read if you are a true crime lover, or really anyone who wants to feel inspired by someone stepping out of their comfort zone/field of expertise to make a difference. In a nut shell, Billy was a true crime reporter who decided that he was sick of unsolved cases and started solving them himself. He walks you through the specifics of how he used social media to help solve serious criminal cases. It’s fascinating.
2. I haven’t watched much TV this month, but I have been keeping up with The Handmaid’s Tale which I just can’t get enough of. I also am DYING to watch the new season of Veronica Mars but haven’t had the time and really want to sit down and enjoy it. Hopefully next month!
1. Since it’s summer I’ve been eating out a lot more this past month and enjoying patio season while we have it! Two Vancouver restaurants I have been loving are Per Se Social Corner & Havana!
2. These raspberry mango margaritas are incredible!
2.That Princess Moment: Playing dress up with my friend Jess at this castle at Newport Beach was so much fun. The dress is absolutely breathtaking!
Divorce & Remarriage, The Birds Papaya:
While i have never been through this, it was amazing to read Sarah’s honesty and vulnerability about something many people are too afraid to talk about. To anyone going through a divorce, i hope this brings you some strength and peace.
Eliat, Israel Travel Guide, Miss Moore Style
Jess does an amazing job with travel guides, and her Israel ones have been incredible. This one is worth a read even if you don’t have upcoming Israel travel plans, just to see the gorgeous pictures!!
That eyeshadow palette is so pretty!
Isn’t it pretty! I have it in two color palettes now, and I love both!