Just under two years ago (May 2018) I shared My Travel Bucket List here on LegalLee Blonde. It’s been a tough few weeks socially distancing and staying home all the time, but I’ve found one thing that has really helped me has been daydreaming about travel and researching for future travel plans. It seemed like the perfect time to update my travel bucket list, and share it with you in case you want to join me on some wanderlust and update yours as well!
floral maxi dress // white pumps // necklace
Before I get to my travel bucket list let’s talk about this outfit, shall we? I just got this floral maxi dress and it may be the perfect dress for spring! It’s lightweight and so comfortable. Once we’re able to travel again this would actually make a great dress to travel with since you can roll it up and simply take it out of your suitcase and look polished. Throw a denim jacket on if it’s chilly and you’ve got a great outfit to explore a new city in! The dress also comes in blue, but I think the wow factor of the floral pattern is what makes this dress a standout piece. It’s also less than $50!
I accessorized this dress really simply since in the spring & summer I tend to wear minimal accessories – which again is also what I do when I travel! I layered on my favorite coin necklace and a choker necklace (the pearl one I’m wearing is sold out but a gold disc version is still in stock!). Then I went with my white pumps because, honestly, I just wanted an excuse to put on heels again lol. These pumps are actually really comfortable and are the go-to style I recommend to women ask me about comfortable heels. I have these in 3 colors!
Alright, on to travel! Below is my travel bucket list. I crossed off the places I have visited since making this list 2 years ago and have added a few new places that I want to travel to!
1. Bali, Indonesia: This has been on my list since I was a teenager! I definitely want to check out the culture and environment of Bali. I also so want to stay in this tree house and need to stop by this cafe for the prettiest smoothie bowls ever.
2. Croatia: My best friend Sarah & went to Croatia (Zagreb, Split, Hvar & Dubrovnik) in August of 2018! My heritage is Croatian (my grandpa immigrated to Canada as a child) and so I always wanted to see where he grew up. It was amazing connecting with my heritage and just such a beautiful country to visit. I highly recommend Hvar & Dubrovnik!
3. Bora Bora, French Polynesia: Let’s be real, Bora Bora is pretty much the closest place to paradise on earth. And staying in the over the water bungalows would be an absolute dream!
4. Austin, Texas: I’ve done a fair bit of travel outside of North America, but somehow haven’t visited nearly as many U.S. cities as I would like to. I hear Austin is all kinds of amazing weirdness and I definitely want to check it out!
5. Nashville, Tennessee: Same as above! I’ve heard great things about Nashville and definitely want to explore it.
6. Big Sur, California: I say Big Sur, but let’s be real, I really just want to explore all of California. I lived in San Diego for 4 months back in 2008, and travel to LA & San Fran fairly often, but the rest of California is still a mystery to me!
7. Banff & Lake Louise, AB, Canada: The fact that I haven’t been here when it is practically my own backyard is crazy! I definitely want to plan a winter trip here for this coming winter. It seems so serene & insanely beautiful.
8. Cappadocia, Turkey: Last but not certainly not least on my list; Turkey! And more specifically, Cappadocia. I would love to visit Cappadocia during the Hot Air Balloon Festival, but honestly there is a ton to explore in Turkey so I’d be happy to go anytime!
9. Honolulu & Kawaii, Hawaii: Adding this one because so many friends have told me that Hawaii is basically paradise and I need to go.
10. Nicaragua: I’d like to explore the whole country, but especially Leon and Laguna de Apoyo. I’ve heard such great things about Nicaragua and how beautiful the country is. I’ve been told it’s much more affordable than other parts of Central / South America and far less touristy. My kind of place!
11. Memphis, Tennessee: I didn’t think I’d be adding another US city to my list, let alone one in Tennessee, but Memphis looks so freaking cool!
12. Santorini, Greece: I’ve traveled through Greece; visiting Athens, Mykonos, Hydra & many small Greek Islands (doing a yacht trip) but I’ve never been to Santorini. Santorini just seems so romantic, I really want to go!
Shop My Outfit:
What city / cities are on your travel bucket list?!
Also: I’ve been thinking of sharing a list not just of where I want to travel, but my favorite places I’ve traveled to. Would you be interested in that!? I’ve been to 34 countries so it’s probably going to be a long list. 🙊 Let me know if you’d be interested in reading that!
This dress is gorgeous! I love the bright spring colors and how you styled it. So springy! Xx.
Thanks so much Carrington!
What a pretty dress! And such a great travel bucket list – a lot of those places are on mine as well. Fingers crossed we can get back to traveling again soon.
Thanks Mollie! and aw, I love that we have the same travel list! Yes, fingers crossed for sure! <3
Ever since quarantine life became the new normal I’ve totally upgraded my travel bucket list. May need to consider some on yours, lol! xoxo, Sarah
Haha it’s such a good guilty pleasure right now! I can’t wait to be able to travel again.
I’d love to visit Austin too!
It sounds like such a cool city hey!
Literally cannot wait to travel! There’s so many places I wanted to go this year.
Haha i feel ya!!
This list is making me want to travel. I think that’s the first thing I’ll do when we are able to travel again.
Haha i know the feeling; even making the list made me want to travel!
I hope you get to make these wonderful trips happen soon. I’ve never been off the East Coast, let alone to another country – but I’d love to travel throughout Europe and to the West Coast of the US!
Thank you so much <3 and ahh you should totally visit the West Coast, California and Oregon are so incredible!
This spring dress is so pretty on you! So many great destinations on your bucket list! I’d love to see all of the places that you’ve traveled to!
Jill – Doused in Pink
Thanks Jill, it’s definitely one of my fav dresses! And okay, awesome! I think I’m going to share that next week!!
I love the mix of colors in this dress, so pretty! I can’t wait to break out all my spring dresses.
Isn’t it a gorgeous pattern! and is it warm there yet or no? We just started getting spring weather and it’s been SO nice! It’s 65 degrees here today!
This is my favorite post because I love the beautiful bright colored flowers in this dress!
Aw thank you Barb!!
The dress pulled me in to the post but the travel bucket list was the clencher! My hubby and I want to go to Santorini Greece. I love your blog, this post is my favorite and is saved! Going to get that dress too!
Aw thank you Sherry, I’m so glad you liked the post! I hope you and your husband can get to Santorini once all of this COVID chaos is over! And yasss, the dress is so pretty! You’ll love it!
This is my favorite blog post of yours. I love this Spring-y dress and that is an awesome bucket list of travel destinations.
Aw thank you so much Helga!!
Love your dress, Hawaii is one of my bucket list this is one of my favorite posts
Hawaii would be so good right now eh! ugh! can’t wait to go there once this is all over!
My favorite blog post! Dreams for the future
Thank you Stephanie!
Austin, Nashville, Memphis are such fun cities and Cappadoccia is beyond amazing. I need to start gathering my travel bucket list now, too!! Who doesn’t want to go to Bora Bora!
xx rebecca // thecrystalpress.com/blog
Ah Im so jealous youve been to Austin, Nashville and Memphis! I can’t wait to go once this is all over!
Not only is this a gorgeous dress, but also your travel bucket list – SO COOL!
Thanks so much Caitlin!!
I truly cant wait until we can travel again! I miss exploring so so much! It looks like once we’re able to travel we will have a baby in tow – which is so exciting!
AH congratulations on your pregnancy! That’s so wonderful! <3
You shared great content & you look so cool. Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing.
This is my favorite blog post, thanks.
This dress is so pretty!! And you have so many fun and interesting places on your travel bucket list. I can’t believe you’ve been to 34 countries – that’s so amazing – and I would love to see a post of you listing your favorite places!
Miles of smiles,
Aw thank you Grace!! And I just shared a post on my fav places! It was so much fun to write. You can check it out here: https://www.legalleeblonde.com/2020/04/13-must-visit-bucket-list-cities.html
Ahh so cool! I just checked it out. I was supposed to study abroad in Glasgow, Scotland, in the fall, and Edinburgh is only an hour train ride away! I was so excited to visit as I’ve heard great things about the city. Sadly stupid Covid got in the way, but I’ll make it there one day!
Oh nooo that’s so brutal! I am so sorry your study abroad had to be cancelled. Well hopefully after you graduate you can go on a euro trip and definitely hit up Edinburgh!