Just under two years ago (May 2018) I shared My Travel Bucket List here on LegalLee Blonde. It’s been a tough few weeks socially distancing and staying home all the time, but I’ve found one thing that has really helped me has been daydreaming about travel and researching for future travel plans. It seemed like the perfect time to update my travel bucket list, and share it with you in case you want to join me on some wanderlust and update yours as well!
Before I get to my travel bucket list let’s talk about this outfit, shall we? I just got this floral maxi dress and it may be the perfect dress for spring! It’s lightweight and so comfortable. Once we’re able to travel again this would actually make a great dress to travel with since you can roll it up and simply take it out of your suitcase and look polished. Throw a denim jacket on if it’s chilly and you’ve got a great outfit to explore a new city in! The dress also comes in blue, but I think the wow factor of the floral pattern is what makes this dress a standout piece. It’s also less than $50!
I accessorized this dress really simply since in the spring & summer I tend to wear minimal accessories – which again is also what I do when I travel! I layered on my favorite coin necklace and a choker necklace (the pearl one I’m wearing is sold out but a gold disc version is still in stock!). Then I went with my white pumps because, honestly, I just wanted an excuse to put on heels again lol. These pumps are actually really comfortable and are the go-to style I recommend to women ask me about comfortable heels. I have these in 3 colors!
Alright, on to travel! Below is my travel bucket list. I crossed off the places I have visited since making this list 2 years ago and have added a few new places that I want to travel to!
1. Bali, Indonesia: This has been on my list since I was a teenager! I definitely want to check out the culture and environment of Bali. I also so want to stay in this tree house and need to stop by this cafe for the prettiest smoothie bowls ever.
2. Croatia: My best friend Sarah & went to Croatia (Zagreb, Split, Hvar & Dubrovnik) in August of 2018! My heritage is Croatian (my grandpa immigrated to Canada as a child) and so I always wanted to see where he grew up. It was amazing connecting with my heritage and just such a beautiful country to visit. I highly recommend Hvar & Dubrovnik!
3. Bora Bora, French Polynesia: Let’s be real, Bora Bora is pretty much the closest place to paradise on earth. And staying in the over the water bungalows would be an absolute dream!
4. Austin, Texas: I’ve done a fair bit of travel outside of North America, but somehow haven’t visited nearly as many U.S. cities as I would like to. I hear Austin is all kinds of amazing weirdness and I definitely want to check it out!
5. Nashville, Tennessee: Same as above! I’ve heard great things about Nashville and definitely want to explore it.
6. Big Sur, California: I say Big Sur, but let’s be real, I really just want to explore all of California. I lived in San Diego for 4 months back in 2008, and travel to LA & San Fran fairly often, but the rest of California is still a mystery to me!
7. Banff & Lake Louise, AB, Canada: The fact that I haven’t been here when it is practically my own backyard is crazy! I definitely want to plan a winter trip here for this coming winter. It seems so serene & insanely beautiful.
8. Cappadocia, Turkey: Last but not certainly not least on my list; Turkey! And more specifically, Cappadocia. I would love to visit Cappadocia during the Hot Air Balloon Festival, but honestly there is a ton to explore in Turkey so I’d be happy to go anytime!
9. Honolulu & Kawaii, Hawaii: Adding this one because so many friends have told me that Hawaii is basically paradise and I need to go.
10. Nicaragua: I’d like to explore the whole country, but especially Leon and Laguna de Apoyo. I’ve heard such great things about Nicaragua and how beautiful the country is. I’ve been told it’s much more affordable than other parts of Central / South America and far less touristy. My kind of place!
11. Memphis, Tennessee: I didn’t think I’d be adding another US city to my list, let alone one in Tennessee, but Memphis looks so freaking cool!
12. Santorini, Greece: I’ve traveled through Greece; visiting Athens, Mykonos, Hydra & many small Greek Islands (doing a yacht trip) but I’ve never been to Santorini. Santorini just seems so romantic, I really want to go!
Shop My Outfit:
What city / cities are on your travel bucket list?!
Also: I’ve been thinking of sharing a list not just of where I want to travel, but my favorite places I’ve traveled to. Would you be interested in that!? I’ve been to 34 countries so it’s probably going to be a long list. 🙊 Let me know if you’d be interested in reading that!