2020 is finally coming to an end! It’s been a dumpster fire of a year in so many ways, but it certainly has been a year that’s taught me to be more flexible and to realize how few things I need and what ‘at home things’ I use on the regular and bring me joy.
Don’t get me wrong, I am so ready to be able to travel again, go to concerts, and to get my nails done! But there are a lot of little things that I’ve enjoyed at home that I know I’ll keep using in 2021. I wanted to share them with all of you; my “tried, tested and true” 2020 favorite things.
1. Nespresso Machine: We have two Nespresso machines (one in our kitchen and one as part of a coffee set up in our guest room) and, to me, no other coffee machine compares! I’d say any of the machines are good, but my top recommendation is the one we have in the kitchen – the Nespresso Vertuo Deluxe with Aeroccino Milk Frother (US link). Shop for it here if your Canadian! Ps. if you’re worried about the environmental impact, I know I previously was, nespresso pods are recyclable!
2. Essie Gel Couture Nail Polish: I used to get shellac manicures regularly, but honestly I’m not sure I’ll go back! Maybe once or twice a year when I want nail art, but this Gel Couture polish lasts just as long (and trust me I am the WORST at chipping polish – but even I can get 10 days out of this no chips!) The color options are endless, you don’t need one of those at home ‘machines’ to dry your nails in – just a top step color then clear polish and it looks amazing and lasts forever. Here’s a US link to shop Essie Gel Couture and here is a Canadian link for Essie Gel Couture!
3. Z Supply Soho Fleece Hoodie & Jordan Fleece Jogger: If you buy one loungewear set, make it this. I’m being 100% honest when I tell you this is the comfiest thing I ever worn in my life. The set is made of their ‘premium baby fleece’ and it is the softest fabric. I like it so much I’ve ordered multiple sets so that if/when one wears out I have a backup. It comes in black and grey and fits true to size.
4. LANEIGE Water Bank Moisture Cream: I’ve tried a *ton* of new skincare products this year, and when it comes to moisturizer, this one is my favorite. It doesn’t feel too heavy and it moisturizes all. damn. day.
5. Crosley Record Player and Records: Without concerts I’ve been listening to more and more music at home and wanted more of an experience than just throwing spotify on my computer. Crosley makes great small (portable) record players and they have a ton of colors and prints. My favorite vinyl of the year is Taylor Swift’s Folklore!
6. Sonos Speaker: I have this in my home office (cloffice, actually) and it’s the best little speaker!
7. Jessica Simpson Faux Fur Memory Foam Slippers: These under $25 slippers remind me of the expensive Ugg ones, but they’re even fluffier and more comfortable with a memory foam sole! US readers shop them here. Canadians, shop here!
8. Paula’s Choice Skincare: This brand came highly recommended and I started using it a few months ago and am so impressed with the results. I use the Skin Perfecting BHA exfoliant (great for adult acne-prone skin) and the Pore-Reducing Toner.
9. Premium Bamboo Bathtub Caddy: This bathtub caddy is adjustable size, has a wine glass holder, phone holder and a rack to hold a book or iPad. It’s the best investment for at-home self care and unwinding in a bath! Canadian shoppers, snag it here.
That’s all for my favorite things of 2020! If you get any of these, I hope you love them as much as I do!
I too love Paula’s Choice skincare. This year was the first time I tried it and now I am a convert.
It’s so good right!
I love the memory foam slippers! Nice picks!
These are all wonderful things of 2020! I would definitely love to have a Nespresso machine!
Aw I hope you get one! <3
Those slippers look so cozy! Also love that record player!
Curated By Jennifer
My Nespresso machine is my favorite from 2020 too!
It’s been a life saver for sure!
I’ve been enjoying doing my own manicures too and need to check out that Essie polish. Love that cozy fleece set! Happy New Year!
Jill – Doused in Pink
Oh you sooo do, it will totally change your at-home manicures. I’m so impressed by how long it lasts!
So many cute things to have enjoyed in 2020! I like the sound of that nail polish, I’m always chipping my nail polish as playing with the kids (and their Lego!) is never kind to nails and mine is always chipped, haha!
Hope that you had a wonderful Christmas and are having a happy new year 🙂
I totally feel ya – my polish was always chipped before too! I think I just am hard on my hands/ always doing physical stuff so they chipped so easily. Definitely check out the Essie Gel Couture it was such a game changer for me!
Loving this round up! My Crosley record player is one of my favorite pieces too!
Thanks Hil!! Happy New Year!
I haven’t tried the Essie Gel Couture yet but the OPI Infinite Shine is amazing too!! SO much longer lasting than regular polish, I have been getting less gel as well!
Oh interesting, I need to try that one out next! Thanks for the recommendation!