Here’s a Wedding Wednesday update I never thought I’d be sharing … we’ve made a tough decision to change our wedding plan.
I feel for all the couples right now trying to decide what to do with 2021 weddings, many of whom have already postponed once or even twice before. Most of us never thought we’d be where we are with Covid restrictions nearly a year into the pandemic, but here we are. Everyone is having to make choices about their 2021 weddings and make the decision that works best for them. So here’s ours:
We have decided to proceed as planned with getting married on July 10th. We’re going to have a ‘micro-wedding’ with our immediate family (& best man and matron of honor) on my parent’s property in Ontario.
Then, we will have our ‘big wedding’ on October 8th here in Vancouver (at the venue we had initially booked for July).
Obviously we have a lot of details still to work, not to manage the new-found stress of planning TWO WEDDINGS *stress giggles*, but I am really excited that we have finally found a plan that works for us and our friends and families.
In the next couple of week’s I’m going to do a “Wedding Q&A” post (for Wedding Wednesday of course) so if there’s anything you want to know about this newfound plan of ours, or anything questions in general about our wedding, definitely let me know in the comments below!
Thanks for reading and coming along on this journey with us. XO Lee & Alex