What a month it’s been! I love April (I’m biased since it’s my birthday month lol), but in general with spring weather, Easter celebrations, and family birthdays it’s just such a great month! Let’s do a little monthly recap.
My birthday! I was feeling a little bummed heading into my second birthday in lockdown, and honestly it was great. Alex did such an amazing job finding moments of joy and ways for us to celebrate. For the first time ever I took my entire birthday off work! I slept in and then had a cake, coffee and mimosas in bed while watching grey’s anatomy lol. It was the BEST day! Alex surprised me with dinner in these cool dome things (our lockdown allows outdoor dining) and it was so fun. On the weekend following my birthday we were able to have a small outdoor get-together with 8 friends and it was the first time we’ve been able to be with a group of people since October! I was so happy I could have cried!
Honestly the main thing I spent money on this month was wedding expenses! In addition to all things wedding I did buy a few things for myself:
2. Midi Dress: Also from the Pink Lily x Caitlin Covington collection, this dress is so pretty! I love it!
3. Paula’s Choice Exfoliate & Pore Reducing Toner: I’ve been using these products for about 6 months now and they’ve made the biggest difference to my skin. I’ve never found anything that addresses my adult acne while making my skin look more youthful and glowy.
4. Fold-able Mini Picnic Table: How cool is this!? I got one for summer adventuring – perfect to bring on a picnic to the park!
5. Becca Cosmetics Pressed Highlighter: I am so upset they’re discontinuing this brand! This is hands down the best highlighter. I stocked up and bought 4! My fav shades are champagne pop and opal.
6. Banana Bright Eye Cream: I picked up this eye cream on the recommendation of friends. Apparently this is amazing at combating dark circles. I’ve just started it buy so far I love the feeling of it and it smells amazing.
7. “Can’t Even: How Millennials Became the Burnout Generation“: I’ve started reading this book and think every millennial needs to read! There are chapter’s that are a bit slow but there are also some with earth-shattering, blow your mind realizations about our work ethic as millennials and how to unpack and unlearn a lot from our childhoods. Above is the US link and here’s the Canadian link!
1. Ginny & Georgia:
I finally caved and watched this. Honestly? Not a fan.
2. Firefly Lane:
I liked this one more than I thought I would! Also it was shot in Vancouver and I got excited at all the scenes that are right down the road from me lol. If you like easy watch-while-you-do-other stuff shows this is a good one.
3. The Trial of the Chicago 7:
This movie was so good! I am a sucker for Aaron Sorkin’s writing (loved the Newsroom)- this movie has epic dramatic dialogue with great witty one liners. As a criminal lawyer I was sooo fired up during 95% of this movie. It’s really interesting and worth a watch!
1. Denim Dress Styles for 2021:
I love this outfit and had a ton of fun writing this post and sharing these denim dresses with you.
2. How I Make Money Blogging:
Finally answering my most FAQ with this one. I’m really proud of how much work I put into it, and I think it’s really informative!
1. Spring Style for the Fam – Lombard & Fifth
I love Veronica’s style so much and these matching outfits with her girls are literally the cutest thing ever. For any of you with girls, you need to check out these outfits!
2. Stay Away from Away Luggage – KatWalkSF
Kat is the freaking best when it comes to honest opinions and I found this post so helpful since I’ve heard way too many people go on and on about Away luggage!
I am really proud of the fact that I completed all of my goals for last month, including reading a fiction book and working out a minimum of 3x a week. I’ve got some big plans for May:
1. Workout 5x a Week:
I’ve been getting back into fitness since February and am slowly starting to see the benefits, not just to how my body looks but my mental health as well. I’ve been working out between 3 – 5 times a week and for May I want to make it a goal to workout 5 times each week. I’ve been asked on instagram a lot about my current workout routine, I’ll share that on here soon!
2. Finish ALL Wedding ‘To-Do’s’ for Our July Wedding:
With only 9 weeks to go (ahhhh!) my main goal for this month is to knock E V E R Y T H I N G off our wedding to-do list for the July microwedding. We made good progress in April, finally booking our videographer, getting Alex’s suit and getting the groomsman suits. But, there still a few big things do (decide on caterer and baker) as well as all the last minute details.
I’m excited that May is finally here and with it, hopefully, good weather! Whenever I can spare time this month I 100% plan on being on our balcony or on a patio with a cocktail in hand!