Who else finds this time of year just flies by? I love, love, love the holiday season but we all know it is a crazy busy time of year. To make sure I actually make time for the holiday activities and traditions that matter to me, I like to make a list each year of what I want to do during the holiday season; including long-standing traditions and anything new I want to do or try that year.
Today in addition to sharing this fun festive outfit with you all (it’s giving me 90’s holiday vibes) I thought it would be fun to share my holiday activity list with you all. You may find some things you want to add to your list for this holiday season!
First some outfit details: This plaid set is from Red Dress, one of my favorite boutiques for affordable, on-trend clothes. Both the plaid blazer and mini skirt come in green plaid as well and both fit true to size (I’m in a small in the blazer and a medium in the skirt). The skirt fits well, but be forewarned that if you’re tall like me, it is definitely on the shorter side!
I like these pieces a lot because they are festive without being overly Christmas-y. Plus you can mix and match them for a ton of different holiday inspired outfits.
Shop My Outfit:
This Year’s Holiday Activity List:
– Vancouver Christmas Market ✔️
– A Holiday Lights Exhibit (Van Dussen Gardens, or the Playland at PNE for ex.)
– Put up / decorate our Christmas tree ✔️
– Host a holiday party
– Smores & Hot Chocolate at the beach with friends
– Holiday high tea with a friend
– Holiday skating day with my family (we rent an indoor rink every year on December 27th and my parents, my 4 siblings and their partners, and all my nieces and nephews have a skating day)
– Attend a charitable event / give back ✔️
– GF Sugar Cookies (for my nieces/nephews to decorate)
– Decorate Gingerbread Cookies
– A new holiday cocktail recipe (for our holiday party)
– A new holiday coffee recipe (see my post on holiday coffee drinks to try at home!)
– Learn to make my mom’s famous yorkshire pudding recipe
– Love Actually
– New Netflix Christmas Movie ✔️ (I watched “Love Hard” and recommend it! It was so cute!)
– New Hallmark Christmas Movie ✔️ (Not even kidding, I’ve watched like 6 so far and it’s only December 6th lol. Traveling and living out of a hotel room for work a ton this past month has meant a lot of Christmas movie evenings lol).